Line on printed image

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by sterry18, Aug 14, 2008.

1. sterry18

sterry18 New Member

I have a Heidelberg QMDI 46. From the operator side to the non-operator side about 4 inches from the trailing edge, there is a yellow line showing up. It is not on the plate and we have taken the rollers out and cleaned them by hand, but the line is still there. Any ideas?

2. whatayanuts

whatayanuts Member

toning

here is a few suggestions, if these dont work i have more.
    1st try backing the 3rd unit form roller off the plate, this usually works when you have toning on any unit. or add body gum to the ink but that changes your color allot. make sure you have enough water in your cooling unit.
    keep room temp at 70-72 degrees.
    drop temp down on press 2 degrees.
    i run my roller setting to a 1/2 degree smaller to the plate them what h-berg tells you.

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

Check your ink roller clutch positions.

Regards.

4. djicewolf

djicewolf Member

How do you check the ink clutch positions

Hi Mrheidelberg,

I'am not sure I understand how to check ink clutch position. Where are the ink clutches? This is something entirely new to me and I am real interesting this.

Thanks

5. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

You can check them by the large round discs with a lever arm attatched(1 per unit) with a drilled hole towards the outer edge, when you open up the covers on the operator (computer) side. Inch machine to 0 degrees (SF60)
    The drilled hole should be at these approx positions:-

PU1 6 O'clock
    PU2 6 O'clock
    PU3 12 O'clock
    PU4 7 O'clock

Regards.

6. kev c

kev c Member

i suspect your describing banding which is a sort of scumming across back edge of sheet? If so then with an allen key turn your number three form roller a quarter turn to lift of the plate(plate form roller) on both sides until line disappears. Your press will run with 2 rollers,return the roller to its normally position when youve finished that job. Your number three roller is hollow shafted and will always create these problems on any unit. Make suer you set number three roller slightly lighter to plate than normal..good luck

kev c