Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C5500 -Color Quality Issue (common?)

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by J-SX12, Dec 11, 2012.

1. J-SX12

J-SX12 New Member

Hello everyone,

I work at a digital copier as a key-op but please excuse me if I am keeping my workplace's information private.

We have a Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C5500 at our work and it has been our most reliable and high quality printer till about 2 months ago. It has been under constant maintenance since then (almost on a weekly basis). So far everything has been fixed (?) except for a major color quality issue. Mostly magenta and cyan related colors.

Back when I started working about 8-9months ago, the color quality was top notch on this printer and never gave such a drastic color difference. Now anything that can be considered red will print orange, silver would have a purple tint to it, and blue would look off most of the time. Flesh tones would also have a purple tint or blueish tint to it.

Its been under constant maintenance and the color quality issue just does not get resolved.

If anybody on this forum owned or know anything about this printer...I would like to ask if this has happened to the Konica Minolta c5500.

Thank you for reading my long post.

2. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

do you have a external Fiery and has it been calibrated recently?
    I had a profile go corrupt and it changed my colors drastically - redid the profile from scratch and back to normal