Komori L528 semi auto plate clamp removal.

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Pdgarside, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Pdgarside

Pdgarside Member

Please can anyone help, I have a Komori L528 with semi auto plate clamps and the 5th unit back clamp is not closing when the piston is fired. I have tried to close it manually and found it to be very stiff. This unit has been used for coating and it needs to be stripped out and cleaned. Can anyone help me to strip out the back clamp, dose the front clamp need to be removed first?

2. John A.

John A. Senior Member

No the lead clamp does not need to be removed, but you must secure it by locking the end bolts. You need to put two 10mm screws in the tail clamp to secure it and then remove the 6 bolts holding it in. the entire unit will remove then and you should be able to see it is not as complicated as it seems. Of coarse you have to remove the two cover plates first. I am just another pressman, I am sure someone with more experience will reply shortly.

3. Pdgarside

Pdgarside Member

John, first Thank you for you response. The 10mm screws you have mentioned are they M10 or M6? And the 6 bolts are they the ones running across the top of the clamp.

4. John A.

John A. Senior Member

Just call me to much to write at the moment I am on my way to work.
    206-856-4389

5. John A.

John A. Senior Member

See the picture attached.

6. John A.

John A. Senior Member

Here is the picture.

Attached Files:

7. John A.

John A. Senior Member

First lock your lead clamp in position. Next remove the two tail clam covers. The you need to remove the plungers part A. Use extreme caution here as these plungers are spring loaded top dead center. Now you see the divot B. Here is where you need to introduce the two locking bolts, one on each side.
    Now you can remove the 8 allens at locations C. There are 4 on each side. Now the whole tail assembly can be removed all in one piece. From here how much more dismantling is up to you.
    Put the clamp back in, put in the 8 allens , remove your two locking bolts.
    Now you will need to reinstall the plungers. There is a hole in the bottom of the plunger , you will need to compress the plunger and stick something in the hole to keep it compressed for installation. I use a small allen wrench.
    Do not forget to unlock your lead clamp when done.

Good luck
    John

8. Pdgarside

Pdgarside Member

John
    Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

Regards
    Paul