Kodak NexPress M700 vs. Canon imagePRESS C7000VP

Discussion in 'Kodak NexPress Digital Presses' started by Inkboy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Inkboy

Inkboy New Member

I read an article blurb today about the new Kodak NexPress M700 which is based on the Canon imagePRESS C7000VP print engine. The article states that the NexPress M700 has more user-replaceable components than the straight Canon ImagePress C7000VP which means more uptime and less interruption of print runs for service calls. Is there a cost for this though?

2. billy

billy Member

Hi Inkboy,
    Kodak Nexpress M700 is the OEM of Imagepress C7000VP. The only difference is the Print Controller. Kodak use thier own DFE while Canon use the Fiery System A3000, A2000, A1000 and the PCL. The Next question is? Which of them give the Good Support?

Cheers!

3. nyhunter

nyhunter New Member

4. indolering

indolering Member

HA! While highly location dependent this is true. I heard that the NexPress was being positioned as a transitional machine for the offset market, with service contracts not being click based, to save money...

Kinda like HP and their Indigo hybrid click and monthly service charge.

5. 4cpro

4cpro Member

M700

As a PREVIOUS owner of two different m700s (neither performed and were removed) I will tell you that either the Canon or the Kodak will not perform for the long haul. The solids are beautiful, it was that the machine never ran that got me down:).