Know who you're dealing with!!!!!

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by DixieReproductions, Sep 6, 2013.

1. DixieReproductions

DixieReproductions Member

2. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

That's why Paypal is over a billion dollars

3. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

How paypal is relevant? You mean as alternative? They just screwed me out of $1600! so not so good as well. A customer send his crew to pick-up the printer the wanted, he had filled up and signed a CC Authorization form, i run it trough paypal, they approved the transaction - everything by the book. A week ago money came out of my account, customer did not complain, there is no evidence that they were unhappy with purchase, did not return it to me, nothing like that. paypal just gave them the money back, technically serving as a accomplice to a theft, I mean I wound up without the printer and without the money so it is theft of fraud so not so good

4. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

We use Paypal almost everyday and I have never ever heard of Paypal taking such action without a formal complaint.
    And no notice of them taking that money? That's unbelievable.
    Maybe if you stopped telling people okidata laser printer can run 300gsm stock you wouldn't have these problems.
    There is no way that little fuser is ever going to get hot enough for that thick stock. Talk to okidata tech support I have.
    Your the guy from sheepshead bay bklyn correct?

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Well to not make a story short, customer filed for chargeback in a 2 weeks after original sale date, once again, they are local and did to call me for service and any other issues - I did gave them 90 warranty - it is a lemon law in NY, I must. After I emailed to PP scans of proof i.e. Authorization form, signed pick-up slip, they ruled in my favor as everything was done "by the book" in a month they just withdraw the amount from my account, said that customer's CC issuer insisted, apologized and said this is how this is going to be, if you did not experience anything like that - means you are lucky and did not meet the doushbags yet.
    As for the printer...
    #1 it was xerox phaser 7760 not a OKI
    #2 OKI C9800 can take 270Gsm, CX3641 can take 330Gsm, I am not the one who says that, manufacturer does.
    #3 Besides Equipment sale/service business I have a printing shop, we run #100 cover gloss every day on C9800, yes it gets unhappy sometimes but it does the job.
    #4 Respectfully, I never advertise it as Don't buy a $30000+ unit buy $1600 OKI, for those who has a just few grand budget or too low of a volume to buy DC242 / KM6501 or better - it is a descent start-up so don't you deep me in to dirt buddy.
    I have KM Bizhub PRESS C6000 with 200K on it ($65,000 machine) and Bizhub Pro C65hc with 240K on it ($92,000 machine) both customers most likely listened to someone like you when they bought them and put that little prints. Think about it 200,000 impressions on $65,000 unit that cost $25,000 today it is 20c per click without contract charges. On other hand, being Authorized OKI Service Partner, I have serviced a ES3640 with 1.6 million on it...

6. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

No way these little printers can compete with Konica C6000 or C6501.
    C9800 can never compare to a true production machine. Maybe you run 10 sheets on c9800 but no way will it run a 12 x 18 coated 300gsm card.

7. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

To say more...
    Few years back i sold a $2400 scanner on ebay and UPS Trashed it while in transit.
    It was insured so Insurance company picked it for inspection but said that in case of payout, they will pay the receiver, while insurance company was doing what they doing (taking their time) buyer filed complaint with PP and PP gave him the money back so he got money back and payment from Insurance - nothing to do with goods I am selling... Coool huh?

8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

To say more about my OKIs...
    I always welcome tests/inspections. Customer come with their files / media, they Email me test files, I print the samples on stock they request and mail it to them so it could be and, in my opinion - should be their decision to buy or not to buy. Never refused it a single time.

9. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

I am not 100% sure if #100 cover gloss interprets to be 300Gsm but this is what we print 12x18, multiple ups, how about you send me a file, i will print it for you on CX3641 and mail back. I don't have anything heavier that #100 cover in stock but will be glad to print on what i have.

10. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

then of course, KM6501 is what 30 grand? and OKi is 5 grand new? lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. i don't think that there is anyone who will dispute that these two don't stand even close as far durability, quality, speed and price.