Km 5501 is it worth it??

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by clifish, May 23, 2011.

1. clifish

clifish New Member

Hello all,

Local KM Dealer is pushing a new 5501 w/creo, df-609 doc feeder, LU-202 TRAY, FS-607 BOOKLET MKR, HOLE PUNCH, PI-502 COVER INSERTER TO NAME A FEW.

I know this model is being discontinued, clicks are usual .049 ea and 5 year payment is $610.00

Is this worth it? I am a smaller printer that will probably only do 10K month in clicks. How will registration be side to side and sheet to sheet w/o a pf feed unit? and what can i expect from the booklet maker?
    thx

2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

the only person who can say is it worth it is you mate. Can it earn you money? they are giving you a 5 year contract on parts toners ect? if so theres no problem as long as they fix it. which is all youll get on a new 6500, so personally id have no problem with it. Most machines only have a 5 year lifespan in printshops anyway. As for registration and the booklet maker i cant say, why not ask for a demo and take a couple of jobs with you.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Did you decide yet :)

It's an older machine, yes and doesn't quite have the punch of the latest greatest, but the print quality is still quite good. Registration also is quite acceptable. And that click is really competitive. The people who bought them 3 years ago were at a noticably higher click, so if you choose to get in now, you'll be paying noticeably less per print for the first half of your lease than the early adopters will for the second half theirs. Request a print sample from the latest greatest and compare it side by side and see what you think. It's still a decent machine.