KBA service

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by bgm722, Mar 17, 2021.

1. bgm722

bgm722 New Member

Hi - I am looking at used equipment. My understanding is that KBA had great machines but a reputation for lower quality service than Heidelberg. Is this still the case? I know there have been alot of changes at both companies.

Thank you!

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

I was representative in my country Nicaragua, for 67 years ago, business that my father(q.e.p.d) starting with Heidelberg+Polar+and other companies from Germany, like Lynotipe, etc.

As you must understand, the Man Roland+KBA, Ultra Man,Adast+Planeta always had been in the market., with the difference that they have Now : Joint Venture.

However our organization Heidelberg in that time until 2003, that we did finish the contract with Heidelberg, Polar, and others, all companies mentioned before, Not sales, assistance, to due a Not personal for to support the customers meanwhile our organization was very Powerful, and many Sales in our country, with Assistance, Service, Parts, and training to customer.

The competence sales, was practically Zero in all Central America(Costa Rica, Honduras, Salvador, Guatemala, Panama,Nicaragua), Heidelberg today is more bigger, and Powerful, to due the characteristic mentioned before , and included Carribean.

The only 2 Man Roland, was sold for my father in our country Nicaragua, when Heidelberg only had Letterpress machine. Heidelberg starting with Rotaspeed Offset.

In short in Central America now, my colleagues and friends, they are telling the same history from Heidelberg leader, the competence is Not organized, Not sales, and assistance yet.

Around the world, have other friends, and colleagues, and the same problem had the competence, however Heidelberg, had been the leader for the assistance, service, and parts,training

In USA, where i did leave, work,and studied by 10 years, the same thing.

Take care with the full package of assistance, parts, service, training,when you are considering to buy another machine.

3. bLuuR

bLuuR Member

From my experiance Heidelberg is going rapidly down with their service support at least in our location. Kba offer good online service for resonable price. Heidelberg machines are now built in china I don't know what can we expect from that?