Kba 104-6

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by MARKA, Aug 18, 2012.

1. MARKA

MARKA New Member

Hi, I wanted to get opinions on a KBA Rapida 104-6. I am interested in buying one (haven't found one yet). It would be a mid to late 1990's model. I am interested in quality, not so much speed.

How does this press compare to a Roland 700 or 705 3B of similar year of make?

And lastely, wich might seem a dumb question to many, but how would you compare this model KBA to a Miller MP104?

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Wow...what a question :)

In general , KBA build good presses.
    The older models from East Europe are strong yet not very advanced - technology wise.
    The newer KBA presses , are high tec , machines , but not as strongly built.
    Is it a good press ? yes it is.
    Did i see better ? yes i did
    would i buy a KBA if i could get a Heidelberg or a Komori for the same price - NO.

But that's the nice thoing about them - you get a lot of PRESS for little money , so it can npt be a bad deal.

From the quality point of view - old KBA / Planetas are as good as old Millers , bit you will find it very hard to get parts for a Miller , and it is easier for a KBA.

If you are interesred , i have a customer who wants to sell a very nice 1992 Kba 6 color Varitrend - excellent condition , reasonable automation and a very interesting price - you can buy ut direct from the owner.

If in your place i would not put my money on a Miller , and due to long known electric problems on the older Roland 700 , would not touch them too.

Or you go for a KBA as mentioned at a good price , or go for an older Roland , before the 700 ser' , then you have quality and durabillity at a very low price.

Good luck
    Meny

3. MARKA

MARKA New Member

Thanks Meny. The press I need, has to be able to take 40.75" sheets, this is why I have chosen to go with KBA or Roland. I would have gone with Heidelberg or Komori like you mentioned, but these only come in 102cm (40"), for models before year 2,000. If the KBA Varitrend you can help me get is 104cm, then I would immediately consider, but I think this year the came in 102cm and not the 104cm I need. Can you confirm? Thanks!!

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

5. Martin S.

Martin S. New Member

availabel KBA 104-10 SW 5, 1998

Dear Sir ,

we have avaialbe a nice and interesting priced KBA Rapida 104-10 SW 5, 10 color machine. Please let me have your contact details and i can send you more details.
    best regards, Martin
    Seizmeier GmbH & Co. KG
    Hans-Boeckler-Str. 3
    D-86399 Bobingen
    Telefon: +49 - (0)8234 - 96 12-0
    Telefax: +49 - (0)8234 - 96 12-29
    Internet: www.seizmeier.de
    E-Mail: info@seizmeier.de