Ink & Childrens Products

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by Suekay, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Suekay

Suekay New Member

Hi All,

I've been searching the web and phoning printers for a few days now but keep hitting a brick wall with this one so I was wondering if anyone here can help me.

I need to know which printing processes are safe for children's products. I am making a board game that will be laminated and just need to know the best process for making it where children are concerned. It is for children 5+ years so not for toddlers and babies that are liable to chew. I am not making a toy it is an educational resource.

I would be grateful for any advise on website links that might be lead me to the answer.

Many thanks

2. Suekay

Suekay New Member

Hi again,

I am looking for a UK printer to quote me for this job, please reply with yr email or website if you are interested.

Thank you

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I don't see why you keep hitting a brick wall a nice 15pt sheet would make a decent game board (nothing like a condensed cardboard piece like a real board game, but strong enough to be used as one and would be alot stronger after laminating it) along with peices/cards for your game and most printing processes are safe for a child if they don't eat it but if thats what your concerned about you need to find a print shop that uses soy based inks. I cannot help you tho since im in The USA unless you'd like to pay international shipping haha

4. timc

timc Senior Member

most printers use organic oil based inks now s far as im aware you could get any printer to quote on it
    5 plus year olds arnt going to eat it anyway lol

5. Suekay

Suekay New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, this does help. I cant quite understand the reason why there is a problem either...it's not like it's never been done before.