Information Needed on Inkjet Printers

Discussion in 'Small Format Inkjet Printers' started by jeffveen20, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Hello Friends,

I am Jeff Veen. I am from California. I am here because I want some information on inkjet printers. I hope all you my friends help me in the same.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

Hi Jeff,

What information are you looking for exactly?

3. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Sorry for the short detail.

Let me know about some new inkjet printer’s series model in HP, Canon and Epson with their product features and cost. I want to use that for picture and text both but not for large pictures.

Thanks,

4. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Actually, when I am search on their respective site’s I got plenty of results and I am confused to select the best inkjet printer so I decide to take help from forum used.

Please help me to select the best inkjet printer.
    Jeff

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I'm not sure there is a clearcut "best inkjet printer" on the market right now. The printheads themselves are astronomically good now compared to a few years ago. In the photographic realm, epson, canon, and hp all make sub-$1000 small format printers that can produce very very nice photographs that photographers will look closely at and be happy with.

In the general use realm, I'm not sure. The main problem with inkjets is the extremely high cost of oem ink or the uncertainty and difficulty of using non-oem ink. Thus for non-photo printing I would consider a color laser printer for a cheaper cost per print if you're printing anything with moderate ink coverage, the ability to use cheaper uncoated paper without ink bleed, etc.

What is your budget and how many prints will you run per month?

6. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Thanks for the recommendation. My budget is near around $100-$120.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  7. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Is there any suggestion? Here I wait for your reply.

Thanks,
    Jeff

8. jeffveen20

jeffveen20 Member

Friends,

Will you please help me to know about how I will know when it's time to replace an ink cartridge? How can I recycle used ink cartridges? Is it ok to refill the ink cartridges by my own in my inkjet printer?

Jeff

9. chinainkjets

chinainkjets New Member

For OEM cartridges, the machine will remind you when the ink volume is low. For some recycle ink cartridges without chips resetted, the machine will not show the ink volume information, you need to estimate it and check it from time to time. About how to recycle a perfect ink cartridge, it's a little complicated, you could contact our technicans (sales[at]chinainkjets.com) for help or visit our website for more detailed information.
    Jacky Huang