Indigo 1000 print quality?

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by mutti8000, Aug 29, 2010.

1. mutti8000

mutti8000 Member

I have been offered a Indigo 1000 press for next to nothing...
    I know it is a rather old model.
    I don't know the Indigo presses, so my question is: how good is the printing quality on this device? Is it still sellable quality?

Mutti8000

2. jonprintz

jonprintz Member

There seem to be a few out there....all priced about the same. Print quality is ok but improvements have been made in print quality during the Indigo years. Yes, it is sellable quality but do a test run on it before purchasing.

3. Calex

Calex Member

I ran one for about two years. Duplexing in not good but ok. Just try to stay away from small cards on a 12x18 sheet back to back.
    Also you will see over draft in the image at time, mostly in the blues.
    Changing blankets is not bad when you get the hang of it.
    Feeder is the same setup as a small Roybi offset press.
    Cleaning the press is not bad.
    Print is sellable but just like jonprintz says print quality is better on the new machines.

4. sketchprinting

sketchprinting Member

Had an original one of these (branded eprint 1000) way back in the day, ran it for 3 years it came with HDI (hi-res imaging) the maintenance can he around 1/2 hour per day, changing pips and blankets is not too bad, the separator was a nightmare. Keep away from the duplex,, do it manually, front back registration had to be played with to get anything decent out, duplexed business cards 21-up were a nightmare. I would suggest core branded paper, we had problems with any other paper above 300gsm. Also the air con was prone to problems (could be just mine I suppose). If looked after then the quality was quite good in it's day. Try and see the machine running for at least half an hour or so - make sure that the separator is cleaning as it should be and also be careful if the tank filters have been removed, the engineers back them used to remove them if you were doing quite a bit of printing, but if they have been removed and the machine has a low print count then stay away.