HW472 Interface Card

Discussion in 'Other RIPs' started by RPUSA, Mar 15, 2012.

1. RPUSA

RPUSA New Member

I am in need of one (1) Interface card for a Linotronic 560. I was told it could be a Highwater 472.

2. HRL23

HRL23 Member

I have available a new HighWater Designs Lino Interface HW472-30 (XLport) PIPX100 manufactured to work with Windows NT, Win95 and Macs on hosts that have a PCI slot. designed to drive the following Linotronic Imagesetters: 200P/200SQ/230/260/300D/300/330/500D/500/530/

Note - your old card may be a PIP150 if you have the old card then you can find this info on it. I do not have Drivers but it sounds like you do and it may be possible to download them. Theses cards are fitted with 4x4 FIFOS. They include an LI2 Data Cable CAB118B and LI5 Serial Cable CAB135. The card kit is available for $100 plus shipping if you think they will meet your needs. Thanks.

3. RPUSA

RPUSA New Member

Pci

I took the card out and here is what I saw
    Highwater 472-40
    PCI9060ES
    and it did say 4X4 FIFOS fitted

4. HRL23

HRL23 Member

Hi:

I am not an expert on theses cards but the data transfer rate, which is critical to the card being able to send raster data to the imager at a speed that is fast enough to match the imaging speed of the machine is typically a function of the amount of RAM or Cache on the board. Both boards have 4x4 FIFOS (first in - first out) cache memory.

It sounds like your card may be a revision newer than the card I have available, but that may not matter. I do not know what the 9060ES refers to. It may be related to System EISA setting requirements. You must have your an interrupt available for the card to work. You might want to check your system as a trouble-shooting procedure for your existing card (unless you know for sure that it is not going to work).

Check the configuration in the system motherboard. Some older systems have 'jumper' settings applicable to the PCI bus.

5. juliocha

juliocha Member

Dear friend,I have a linotronic 560 and I need the pci interface card for this,thanks

6. juliocha

juliocha Member

Hello,i need a highwater interface for lĂ­notronic

7. jqgraphic

jqgraphic Member

This card is still available.

8. juliocha

juliocha Member

Dear friend,I am interested in to buy that interface card,send me your response,thank

Dear friend,I am interested in to buy that interface card,send me your response,thank