hp indigo e-print 1000 turbostream

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Benedino, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Benedino

Benedino New Member

Hello there,

I am about to purchase a used hp indigo e-print 1000 turbostream. Is there anybody that is using this machine? Can you please give me some reviews on this press? Should I buy it or go for something more recent?

Thank you.

2. mc8305

mc8305 Member

A rather old press, I would not rely on it as my only digital press... could be a real headache to run and maintain. HP is increasing the consumable cost of their series 1 presses (to get them out of the market) If you get it for free and you have a backup press, then maybe..

If you are hooked on Indigo i would go with a series 2 engine (3050, 5000, 5500) or even a Ultrastream 2000. The series 2 presses is easier to run/manintain and gives you much better quality. HP even uses the basic engine in there current lineup! (5600)

You are welcome to mail me at mutti8000@yahoo.com if you are interested in buying a series 2 press. www.jorg.de could also be a posibility

3. Benedino

Benedino New Member

Thank you for your response, It's been very helpful.
    What if I can find a freelance technician that can maintain the machine regularly? Our print run will not exceed 50,000 copies a month.
    What would be the right price for this machine according to your experience?
    Thank you.