How do I print clear coat on Canon Imagepress C1+

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by DanBarlowRobbins, Apr 18, 2012.

1. DanBarlowRobbins

DanBarlowRobbins New Member

Hi there,

I am new to professional printing and would really appreciate a step by step instruction on how to do clear coat printing.

Essentialy, I just want to be able to make an image glossy. I use Fiery Command Workstation 5 if that is of any significance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Dan

2. DanBarlowRobbins

DanBarlowRobbins New Member

Just to add - I want most of the pdf to remain matt, but only a single within the pdf to be glossy.

3. Dougal Cardigan

Dougal Cardigan New Member

Canon imagePRESS C1+

Dan, you will need to create a 5th colour/layer in your PDF that should be solid except for where you want it to be gloss. You can also go back to your supplier, if it was Canon direct you can contact me, if it was an agent or reseller you will need to go through them. Hope that's of some help for now

4. EMalmed

EMalmed Member

imagePRESS C1+ Clear Toner Printing Guide

Hi all,

You can find a guide to printing with clear toner here. Click agree and it will download a .ZIP file with a guide and files needed for the tutorial.

Also, you can try the Clear Image Editor, which can be found here. Click on the "Product" tab and you will be able to download it. The Clear Image Editor allows for a PDF workflow and on-screen, 3D viewing of a clear toner design. Be sure to download the manual as well as you will need it to correctly install and set up your software.

Best regards,
    E

Attached Files: