Help Restoring AgfaJet Sherpa 43i

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Tyrannus3, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Tyrannus3

Tyrannus3 New Member

Hello all,

I recently came into possession of an old AgfaJet Sherpa 43i. I've been told it probably hasn't been used in about 3 years. I'm a digital artist and would really like to be able to start printing my own work, but admittedly know very little about maintaining and cleaning large format printers.

There's basically no official support for this printer and the closest thing to a manual I can even find online is a 4 pg. pdf that basically advertises the unit. I don't even know where to start cleaning or what to check. I would really appreciate any help you all can give a newbie such as myself.

2. Tyrannus3

Tyrannus3 New Member

Also yes, I've plugged it in and it does power up. Currently trying to troubleshoot it myself. (I live in a rural area, there is no one nearby to help out.)

3. Tyrannus3

Tyrannus3 New Member

I don't know if this is relevant or not. (Sorry, a friend gave this to me after his boss dumped it on him.) But I also have an X-RiteColor AutoScan Spectrophotometer and its associated cords. Though I have no clue how to use it, if I even should.