Help need

Discussion in '8 ½ x 11 Color Laser Printers' started by Spuzz, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Spuzz

Spuzz New Member

hello,
    First, sorry about my poor English, I hope u understood me
    I'm looking for decent color printer for SOHO use. It will be most use to print a flayers, business card, prospect and catalog's (up to A4 / Legal.). I' looking for VERY GOOD and EXCELLENT text and photos quality, and it is not so important speed or paper tray. Also I'll need to print on heavier papers (ex. 160 or maybe 200 gsm). So far in my research trough internet reviews and user opinions, I chose a couple models:

Lexmark c532n
    Xerox Phaser 6120
    Konica Minolta 2450

So if anybody have an suggestions, advice, experience or opinion to help me with choosing a right printer for me, please write it
    Tank's a lot

2. Xirc

Xirc Member

I'd go with Xerox, Konica, or Canon engines. I think technology trickles down from the top, and these companies are have been in the printer business for a long time. Lexmark is a desktop printer maker only. Konica has made some amazing progress in recent years. Xerox has long delivered punchy color. The Oki engine is king for heavy stock, but I don't regard the photo quality as good as the others.

3. Spuzz

Spuzz New Member

Thank's
    Probably, I'll go with Konica 2550, since 2450 seams to be discontinued. Xerox come with starter toner kit (only yield for 1500 pages), and it seems that Konica and Xerox share same engine inside.

4. kingpd@businessprints.net

kingpd@businessprints.net Senior Member

Go with Canon or Konica Minolta

Some of the xerox printers are Okidata. They're generally alright but there's two things I don't like about them.

1. They don't handle reds very well. I don't know why.

2. Xerox/Okidata use "smart chips" that basically prevent you from printing after a certain number of prints and forces you to often prematurely replace parts/consumables. This increases your cost per print.

~Patrick

Go with Canon or Konica Minolta. They're very decent and are the few that actually make their own lines now a days.