Help me choose between a Xerox J75 and a KM C7000 or C6000

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by funwork, Jul 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. funwork

funwork Member

Hello,

We are in the process of changing our Xerox DC252 and are talking with two dealer.

KM first made an offer for the C7000 which we found acceptable.

XEROX than made an offer for the J75 with a really good price, and i mean GOOD, with their FIERY EX RIP (I would prefer a CREO as we mainly do VDP printing)

Now KM come back and tell us they could ajust their offer by cutting some initial options that are not on the Xerox offer and that we could live without (Sticher, demoistener for exemple)
    One of the option they consider would be to step down to a C6000 that would let them come closer to the Xerox offer...

So my questions are the following :

1- I have a strong feeling, KM C6000 or C7000 are more professionnal printer that Xerox J75. Am I right ?

2- We have always used CREOP Rip for our VDP printing (we use DESIGNMERGE from MEADOWS)
    Do you think the FIERY EX would be an issue to print VDP jobs (average jobs are between 1000' and 50000')
    Most of the time we will print 2 up A4 pages on a 13x18 blank paper

3- What would be your call. Service will not be an issue as the two dealers are really serious people.
    We are on a small island and this J75 would be the first one installed...
    After a day "playing" with it, it seems to be a good printer.
    What we can't see is if it really compares to a C6000 or a C7000.
    Speed is not really an issue at that level of speed...*

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Best regards

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi I don't know enough to convince you either way but we have excellent
    km bizhub press 6000 with only 175k on it, Efi Fiery, lcc and finisher. $24,000

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

But would they give you the same service rate on a used machine as a new machine, or will it cost you more to run?

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Right question Xfactor but they may play this game, may be not if they reasonable enough to understand that they may make money from the clicks or may have a customer go elsewhere... a person may pay 6c/click and lease on 100,000+ machine or just pay 7-8c per click and have that expense only when machine is running, 70 grand is a lot of money to make up with 2-3 cents more per click, hi will need to run close to 3.5 mi to even that out... Being a service provider, I would take on the contract a nice machine that customer bought somewhere else rather than play hard ball and have him walk away and spread the word that he was mistreated at my company...

5. funwork

funwork Member

Hi

Well... Living in a small and remote Island is kind of a deal killer for a used machine because of the freight issues involved...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

By the way, have you seen the J75 ? How would you compare it to a C7000 or C6000. To my knowledge, the only difference between the C6000 and C7000 is the speed, everything else is the same.

Again, thanks for the feedback