Heidelberg Speedmaster 102, 4 color (40") Installation Specs

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by loruhlman, May 16, 2013.

1. loruhlman

loruhlman New Member

Can someone tell me the following info to assist us with preparing a new building. We are negotiating to purchase a used Speedmaster 102, 40", 4 color. We need to know the total weight, the required concrete pad thickness, the exact footprint for that pad and the heat output for air conditioning purposes.

Thanks for the help!

2. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

The installers should know that information, if not, call Heidelberg?

3. FSA

FSA Senior Member

loruhlam
    Well I run an 8c so I would think the 4c is around 10 meters in lenght and 3 1/2 meters wide. Your pad is about 18" to 24" thick and pending on your soil in your area will be the type of piles requires and lenght. Friction concrete is best, and as for your a/c how big is your building, so 20 ton?

Have fun
    FSA

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

What model year? Equipped with IR drying? What type? Floor depends on subsoil, but as FSA mentioned 18-24 would be very safe. In days gone by, 12" double reinforced was recommended...taking core samples would put you in a comfortable positiion to make an educated decision. If your existing floor is in good shape, I mention the fact that pouring only for the prining units is wise, as there are no seams to contend with when moving piles. Roughly 36" for the first printing unit, 4' for each following unit. Equipped with CPC and dryer? Channel or PVC in floor depending on where you want your consoles set, drive side or behind the delivery. Good luck!