Heidelberg QM 46 Sheet monitoring device

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Olivia Hansen, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Olivia Hansen

Olivia Hansen Member

I think my sheet monitoring device is going bad on my QM. It keeps reading there is a jam in the front of the machine before I even run it, and when there is clearly nothing jamming in the area. I have cleaned the device itself and cleaned the barrier but it still keeps happening. What can I do? I also have no idea where to order parts from. I didn't get very much training when I took over the position of running this machine.

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Sometimes if the plate were the sensor sits isn't lined up correctly, it can cause this issue.

3. Olivia Hansen

Olivia Hansen Member

This is going to sound like a dumb question and I'm sorry. But I've taken it out to clean it a few times because when I clean up from the second color for some reason the ink spills down and all over the machine. So I've had to take out the sensor and the plate a few times since I started to clean them up. I put the plate back in and make sure everything tightens up the way it should cause from what I know it really only goes in one way and the two screws on the sides have to line up. Am I wrong, is there a specific way your suppose to be able to line it up? The sensor also reads there is a jam even when I take it out and there is nothing underneath it. When I clean the bottom of the sensor it does go away for a little but then comes right back.

4. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

It should when you put it back in position itself if you give it a wiggle (technical term !!)

Have you checked the sensor to see if it has a hairline crack in it ?

5. Olivia Hansen

Olivia Hansen Member

update, replaced the sensor with one from an older model, now works amazing