Heidelberg Printmaster 46-2 (1999) vaccum pump

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Taivo Nurmeots, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Taivo Nurmeots

Taivo Nurmeots Member

Hello,
    I`v got about three weeks ago from German ebay Heidelberg Printmaster 46-2 machine, year 1999. I never had experiences with Heidelberg machines before, only some experiences on past with Hamada 700cdx and Multi 1650xt single colour machines.
    The seller had to remove the big electrical cabinet from the machine to get the machine out of printing room. The seller remounted the electrical cabinet and tested the machine functionalaty but not the vaccum pump. I checked the connections and they looks okay. Before that the machine works okay.

Problem is that I am not able to get the vaccum pump to work!
    If I press the feeder knob, it stops blinking and lights then permanently but nothing happend. I do not know what to check for start. Electrical connections might bad, some fuse or something more serious?

Unfortunately I do not have english operator and service manuals. The machine comes with printed german operator manual but it not very helpful.
    Our local (Estonia) Heigelberg office does not have an english operator manual on pdf and probably they do not wish to share a service manual either.

Is it possible to get or buy these manuals from somewhere and maybe someone have some clues what to check?

* I have QM 46 CP Tronic micro wiring and pneumatic diagram manuals but I am not experienced to read these information correctly.

Just in case I upload some photos of my printing machine, maybe they are helpful to resolve my problem.

Thank you very much!

Best regards from Estonia,
    Taivo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. Taivo Nurmeots

Taivo Nurmeots Member

Yesterday evening there was one reply on my topic but now it `s gone but fortunately the message is left on my mailbox.

1) please test the fuse F4 indicate as # 1, # 2 c. breaker # 3, see if the relais K1 in closing and close the contact k1 for to activated the V. Pump.
    2) of course measure the input Voltage at terminal of Vacumm P, after you did the other steps, is Monophase Motor Voltage o.k?

1. F4 fuse - can I just unscrew the fuse to see if it is okay?
    2. F1 fuse - it looks different, how to test it? I do not wish to damage it.
    3. Where is the relay K1 / RC1 and how to test it properly?
    4. #5 and #14 contacts - can I just measure the voltage between the contacts?

Thank you again!

Best wishes,
    Taivo

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi :
    1)you must test the fuse in continuity with Dmm(digital mutimeter) , f1 in the same way

2) k1 you must locate with the schematic diagrams, and look in the control box RC1, you must test with the DMM, R= Resistor +Capacitor.

3) y # 5+14 you can test , for measure if there voltage.

However if you are NOT skill in electrical/electronic, look for some tech.

Blessing

4. Taivo Nurmeots

Taivo Nurmeots Member

Thank you,
    I`l try to test the components in the evening.

Best regards,
    Taivo

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok sir

Blessing

6. Taivo Nurmeots

Taivo Nurmeots Member

Tested the HVK board yesterday.
    #5 and #14 voltage was ok (232V)
    F1 fuse was ok.
    F4 fuse - i did not know that this is an automatic fuse type and it was switched off ..., I swiched it on and the vaccum pump was operational :)

Fortunately I`v got from Heidelberg Estonia an english version of operator manual, they still found it!

Thank you CHOCK for your assistance!

Best regards,
    Taivo

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok, Taivo

Great Job, happy that you fix it with my personal instruction.

Please give me Like.

Blessing

Taivo Nurmeots likes this.