Heidelberg Printermaster 46 Autoplate problem

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by PressGodess, Oct 26, 2012.

1. PressGodess

PressGodess Member

I am having a problem with my Printmaster 46

I run with the operator guiding system on. In 2 colour mode, I mount the plate for PU1 and the press mounts it, it rotates and opens the clamp for PU2, I flip the board over to PU2 but the indicator light for mounting the plate does not "fast flash" that it is ready to mount. If I press the little switch down with my fingertip on the NOP side of the autoplate it will then fast flash and mount the plate correctly. Same thing for dismounting - if I press the eject button for PU2 it will try to eject the plate on PU1, jam up and I get the autoplate error light. I have tried putting on a new guide board, thinking that the plastic was worn down and not pushing the switch, but that did not solve the issue. I can not determine if this is mechanical or electronic problem, I know there is a little magnet involved with part of that switch on the autoplate but haven't taken off the NOP side cover yet to dig for problems.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

You need to remove the NOP side cover to make sure that the S23 switch is working (S23 small switch top center of side frame) This switch controlls the auto plate and scew adj function. It could be the top guard needs adjusted also. Test by flipping guide plate to PU-2 then open guard and manually move the control lever (part # A1.650.006F ) towards PU-2 and test. If you like give me a call and will will try to help.
    Stan Intermountain Press Service,llc. 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com
    I also have numerous new/used parts and consumables for your press.