Heidelberg press stops after some time of pause

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by nitin77416, Sep 29, 2010.

1. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Hi all

We have 102F HD cptronic year 1989 , we have facing some problem with machine
    when we take some pause on machine like one or two sec. machine stops without any error showing on cptronic display , sometimes it also happens on at the time of printing .after that we have to restart the machine .
    we also tried with Heidelberg service dept. but still problem is arrived.

2. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

nitin - tough to say without looking at diagnostics screen, and sometimes that doesn't even get you the info you need. possibly a nip bar between impression / blanket - mechanism wears out and the switch is hair trigger. even though you don't see a red light flashing, the set of contact points tied to CPtronic diagnostics "confuses" the safety monitoring board and stops the press from moving.

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

It could be a dynamic error. Usually a dynamic error will make you reboot the machine to remove it. Do you get an error with a T inside a circle? When the error shows up go into the DYN screen and see if you see any codes flashing. If so, post those errors on here and maybe we can help.

4. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Thanks for replying me on this issue .
    Yes you are right on this . we can see an error with a T inside a circle. but dyn screen are not showing anything at that time but may be on i am wrong . next time when this will happen i ll take care & check all the dynamic error & post you to find the problems .
    one more thing sir , how can we find the problem with all this error which shown on display of cptronic ? like dynamic error or int error.

5. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

DYN errors can be difficult to find because usually they are intermittent. The code in the DYN screen will show only when the error occors. You can however go into the DYN screen and display the last 5 boots of the machine. Just press the "-" button and it will show the previous boot of the press. At the top of the screen it will show a -1. Press it again and it will show a -2, all the way to -5. Look for changes in the codes on this screen. If you know you only rebooted once since the error showed than it will be displayed in -1 screen.

6. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Dear sir Exheidmech

Thank you sir for helping us on behalf of all member from this forum .
    As per your given advice i am trying to get data on DYN screen , ill get beck to you .

once again thanks a lot

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

the hair trigger safety that mqgpress was refering to will usually flash even for a second on the cptronics plasma display when in the entire press overview screen for safetys. Pull up that screen and have someone watch it closely for a safety fault to flash. it may take a few attempts to be able to track it down but if it a hair trigger safety you just might me able to find it as mentioned. you may need to fine tune the press safety displays down to individual units then try it like that.

8. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Thanks sir for your reply
    i want other help on our SM 1999 year model machine . In this machine we are facing problem with damping motors. when we start machine we can not run 1st & 2ND unit damping motor , surprisingly cptronic display doesn't showing any fault . if we interchange the EAK card than also we cannot run 1st & 2ND unit damping motor. I cannot understand the problem.

9. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

EAK boards dont control the dampning motors. Try exchanging a HAK board. Each HAK board controls two dampning motors. Once you exchange the boards you may find that now you have two different motors not working. This means you need a new HAK.

10. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

HAK 2 Board for the dampening motors.....

11. PDPRINTUK

PDPRINTUK Member

HI NITIN..WHEN THE PRESS RUNS (WITHOUT PRINTING) IS IT OK..I HAVE COME ACROSS STOPPING PROBLEMS DURING PRODUCTION THAT DONT FLASH UP THAT WERE CAUSED BY THE PLATE INKING ROLLER CUP MICRO SWITCHES(on the O/S there are 2 rollers per switch) GETTING HAIRLINE TRIGGERED BY BOUNCING ROLLERS. AS SOON AS THE PRESS STOPS AND THE ROLLERS DISENGAGE THE SWITCH RELEASES WHICH IS WHY THERE IS NO ERROR AND YOU CAN START AGAIN.YOU CAN NARROW THIS DOWN BY DISENGAGING A UNIT AT A TIME TO LOCATE THE PROBLEM UNIT AND RESOLVE.. CHEERS,PDPRINTUK.