Heidelberg 72fp feeder

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Andypatriot, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Andypatriot

Andypatriot New Member

Hello peeps, I’ve been having problems with the feeder cutting out as though it’s reached it’s target run, this has happened on many occasions. Anyone have some insight on why this could be happening,
    Regards Andy in bolton

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

More info. CPTronic, yes? Cuts out as in like it has reached its preset batch count? Feeder trips and leaves stream stopped at headstops?

3. Andypatriot

Andypatriot New Member

Yes cptronic, exactly that it cuts out as though it’s reached its batch count. Last sheet down usually stops the press also. I had a chat with an old engineer friend and hesad it could be pneumatic valve that’s faulty.

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

There’s an electro-pneumatically operated piston for both blast and vacuum air, but if they were faulting out, I’d think the stream would clear the feedboard and trip as if the feed pile ran out. Is it possible that the sheet that’s left at the stops is not fully at the headstops? That would trip the feeder as in a late sheet, and you’d see it as such on the MID display.

5. Andypatriot

Andypatriot New Member

Thx junker for your input, I will look at the piston upon this very night.
    Regards Andy