Has anyone ever used the Canon 7065?

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by rrose, Apr 1, 2011.

1. rrose

rrose Member

I work in an in-house graphics department and we're looking for a new high quality, printer. We print low volume, but need very good quality. We recently tried the Xerox 550 but the prints were awful.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I'm curious - what specifically made the x550 prints awful?

For my money with canon, imagepress quality is nice. But I've not yet seen an imagerunner that can hold its own against a docucolor. I don't mind being proved wrong (haven't seen the 7065 yet) but I'd be surprised.

3. rrose

rrose Member

The Xerox prints had banding, color streaking, splotchy color on full color blocks, image fading (the entire photo on an image had white covering it), serious skewing to the point where we couldn't print anything two-sided because it was too crooked. The techs from Xerox even say it's not working right and they cannot fix it. They've also said their demo models are printing the same.

When you say docucolor are you referring to digital press printers or color laser copiers?

4. DottieK

DottieK New Member

We have had the 7065 for the past 6 months. Previous printer was a Xerox 5252.
    Our design team loves, loves, loves the color. As operator, I find it does not hold the color well for heavy stocks and needs frequent calibration.
    Things I would change/didn't realize before we leased: Drawers 1 and 2 will basically only hold plain paper, no specialty items. Bypass tray is meager for specialty items. Large capacity drawer is ok but you must take out 4-6 screws to change paper sizes. The multidrawer additional unit is only available for the 7090.
    The nonprinting area is not even on all 4 sides and my service team tells me this cannot be remedied.The closest I can print is .16 on the narrow end and .23 on the other. Does not give a nice even border around a page.

This is a good office printer, but for a production printer, I was more efficient with the 5252 with only 3 drawers.

5. officeinks

officeinks Previous User

Canon 7065 is really a good printer, i am using the same printer from past two years. It is good for quality printing results and till the time of purchase i haven't faced any problem with it.

6. PWD Creative

PWD Creative New Member

We have been using two canon imagepress C1 and C1+ for over 5 years and just ordered a new C9060.
    I looked at Konica 8000 and Xerox 800 kit in the same price range and found the canon was the best all round printer. For quality the Konica 8000 was a little better but the cost was not worth the difference, as it was only marginal when comparing print to print.

7. jausi001

jausi001 New Member

They've also said their demo models are printing the same.