HAMADA C248E be or not to be?

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by OkiTech, Jan 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi guys, Happy New Year everyone! I would like to ask for your opinion about HAMADA C248E press. I am about to make a desicion to purchase one but being a new printer there are few concerns:
    #1 It has a conventional dampening and I see so many similar presses for sale with Kompac or Crestlines - is conventional system really that bad?
    I ran Ryobi 3200 PFA with conventional dampeners - works but what a pain!!!
    #2 Can anyone, please, advice a source of Tech documentation and If there is anyone can be recommended in NY as descent service providor.
    #3 How is it generally as a machine? Tricky? Complicated? Reliable? Lets say in comparesment with Ryobi 3302. Majority of our Jobs as of today are menues, stationary but I am planning to run CMYK as well. I undestand that one is landscape+pull guide and another portrait+push guide. but as general set-up / wash-up / maintanence frendlines and convenience, how is it? Thank you very much.
    Roman D.

2. smikes

smikes Member

I run one and like it. It takes a little longer setting up. The other presses I run are AB dicks with color heads. Our Hamada came with compaqs on it, which I like also. The second head is a little tight to make skew adjustments on if you are a little broad in shoulders.Ours is a landscape with pull guides. I think landscape is the better choice.We do process but some times I get sporadic misregs.

3. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Check with the A.L. Larsen company in Mass. They are the easy coast Hamada dealer here. Bill Simplice is VP sales manager and a very good guy. Rupert and Doug in service are 2 of the best. Rupert has been with Hamada since day 1 here and I've known him some 30 years. I'm pretty sure they might cover your territory unless NJ has a office. Just remember Hamada is/was a small offset press company that broke out into the larger format machines. While they have come a long way they are still no Komori or Heidi. I would say they are even or close to what Ryobi has to offer. I prefer the Ryobi's if I had to choose. As stated the Hamada's can be a little over complicated at times. But both run and print fairly well.

www.allarsen.com

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hello everyone. Guys I truly appreciate you input on this. Thank you wery much.

5. mrbill321

mrbill321 New Member

Dude. I ran a c248 about 2 years ago. With crestline refridgerated units. The press was a dream. I would lay the first two colours at around half speed. Then wash up and run the last two colours full speed. Landscape fed presses with pull guides instead of push guides are the only way to go! Even if it's a four colour press.

6. AMGRAF

AMGRAF New Member

Friends, i´m looking for Hamada C248E electric diagram, could anybody tell me where I can get it?, thanks

7. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i ran a 480 single colour, with original damping and doing 4 colour work, loved the machine once you get the hang of it im sure youll like it to. also once set up for a long run, not much can keep up with the speed running 80gsm at 10,000 sph no problem. also the registration was spot on pull guides love em. only thing you have to watch is buckle lay only move this very slightly if needed, its very sensative.. would i buy another 1? definately

8. Hamadaman

Hamadaman Member

should be in here

Attached Files: