GTOZ Alcolor compressor not shutting down

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by m_alatorre, May 5, 2009.

1. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Hello every one,

I just replaced the pressure regulator of the pneumatic system on the above machine. It now keeps a 7 bar stable pressure but something might have gone wrong because now the compressor does not turn off. According to what i can remember, i would turn machine on and some 3 minutes after, compressor would let machine run (at 8 bar on the tank manometer) continue running a little bit more and then turn off for some minutes and then start all over again.

The machine does let me start working in 3 minutes or less, but i left it more than 15 total minutes and compressor won't turn off. The manometer in the tank reaches 10.5 bar but no more than that. I'm worried that it won't stop and overheat or just brake.

Has anybody noticed at what pressure(in the tank manometer) does the compressor turn off? I just want to know if i have a pressure leak somewhere or something actually broke and i need to call the service guy.

Any help very appreciated.

Thanks
    Moe

2. 4 color GTO

4 color GTO Member

My gauge is broke, can you hear any air leaking down if the shop is dead quiet??

3. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

There is some air leak inside the press but not in the compressor area. If you disconnect the press from the compressor, pressure will remain there for hours. A guy came and checked the compressor and the problem seems to be the pressure switch so we'll replace it and see what happens.

Thanks