GTOV impression problems

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Jma_printing79, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Hi everyone need help here...
    Everytime I start printing the first paper not printing on PU 3 &4...and printing only PU 1 for the last paper (when I stop printing)

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Examine the condition of the Klockner roller switches under OS covers that ride on cams mounted on the journal ends of each impression cylinder, with particular attention to the unit before start of problem. Check electrically and mechanically (with regard to the plastic wheel and steel axle.

3. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Thx for your reply...so which one is it?Not really sure which one is (the impression Klcokner)

4. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Thx for your reply...so which one is it?Not really sure which one is (the impression Klcokner)

Attached Files:

5. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Based on your answer my understanding is that, when I don't print PU 3 &4 for a start I need to check PU 2 klocner. How about the problem I only get PU 1 and 2 printing at the end of a run?

6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Unless you can read electrical schematics to determine which relay is not continuing the sequence (energized by the roller switches), I'd suggest you examine all preceeding switches for mechanical wear. You may CAREFULLY push on pivoting lever of switches while press is hesitating to go on impression to see if you can determine faulty switch. Keep in mind, the problem may be caused by a faulty relay or loose wire in the circuit but what you're experiencing is a common problem related to worn pivoting levers and rollers on the switches. The problem manifests itself in both impression on and impression off sequencing.

7. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Sorry just had a chance to read your reply...what do you mean with hesitating to impression?I need to inch the machine right?not running it...secondly how do you determine a worn out pivoting levers? (They don't push all the way in?)and what are the remedies?you can't move the switches in GTO to compensate the worn out I believe...many thanx

8. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

If you go about troubleshooting the issue as I've explained, yes, you must run sheets in production mode. Obviously, you need not to apply ink and water, just have impression preselected on all units. Wear in pivoting lever is obvious to see, look for excessive "play" while moving lever up/down and diagonally. Conact surface on bottom of lever where it contacts the switch plunger is another wear area, its difficult to see unless you remove switch and ake off lever from switch casing. I've filled "divot" with epoxy with good results. Lastly, the wear in the roller is caused by the steel axle it rotates on. Grab roller and move up/down and diagonally. "They don't push all the way in" because of worn lever assembly.

asem alsafady and Jma_printing79 like this.

9. Jma_printing79

Jma_printing79 Member

Thanks man...I'll try to follow your instructions