GTO ZPS 52 Register and Ink Fountain not working

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Charly Gamao, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

Hi folks, I have an issue whit a GTO 52 two colors whit perfector which all lateral and circumferential registers, both units and ink fountain rollers not working, check out the image below:
    While the machine is running they should reach the desired set point but the values remain blinking and there are no changes, we have checked the motors and pots and all seems to be good, i.e no motor stuck or jammed, etc,
    Following the schematic diagram we have measured the output voltage from EWK but all is zero, but we have voltage in the inputs, the dynamic and initial tests all report FFFF seems OK, Someone says the main board is damaged (ZSK) cuz there are no signal that trigger the output voltage to these devices. Is that possible? What kind of damage could do such fault?

Thanks in advance.
    Any advice is wellcome

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Hope you are well.
    Depend of your configuration of machine, can be there many EWK's.
    If that is your case: you can interchange the boards, and see if the problem is fix it, or remain equal.
    1) However I strong recommend you Test very well the power supply for the electronic board EWK, since you say you measure the input voltage; Will be observe the Tolerance power supply in 5% up or down. example: if you measure +5.6Vdc Male connector X31: 4,5 :+5Vdc vs 9,10 and get 5.6Vdc, the power supply board is Faulty and the same with Minus.
    2) Please take a measure from Voltages, again very carefully: Male Connector- X 31: Pin # 1=+15vDC Pin #2,3 +24Vdc Motors(servo) Pin # 4,5: +5Vdc Pin # 6: -15Vdc Pin # 15: +24Vdc I/O
    3) Of course, look for : a) diry pins o contacts b) corroded pins c) loose pins d) loose wires e) bad solder in the Male Connectors or Dry +Cold solder joints in the boards see the attachment example

Charly Gamao likes this.
  3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

See the attached examples for Solder joints.
    Good luck .

Attached Files:

4. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

Good Morning Sr and thank you very much for your quik response.

We going to re-check all step by step as you recomend. I am attaching a couple of pictures where the measurement gonna be taken:
    It going to be by monday morning, i will keep you informed dear friend.

Thank you again.

Attached Files:

5. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

well i have measured the voltages as you pointed. I got:
    #1 15.03
    #2 23.98
    #3 23.98
    #4 5.14 Vs # 9, 10
    #5 5.14
    #6 -14.92
    #15 24.13
    I also cheched the back and front of EWK2 and no bad connections found. The problem remain the same so we gonna do a through inspection on ZWK and its connections. We are clueless what kinda error may be. appreciate any help or idea. thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

6. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    In addition to the measured voltages, you have to check +15/-15V on NTM X1 or X2. These two voltages are supplying analogue section on both EWKs and generate 10VDC reference voltage for all pots. Next step is to check "Servo drives" actual values on CPTronic---->Service 2 ----> V/A. On some machines it is called "STELLANTRIEB ISTWERT" or something like that I really don't remember. Definitely you know how to find it but don't mix this with "Analogue Inputs" (ANALOGUE EINGABE). On this page you can see values for both EWKs. Check the relavant inputs based on wiring diagram. Take a photo and send it for us if you find it difficult. You can also measure 10VDC as reference voltage on ends and a variable voltage on middle point of all pots. It's not necessary to check all pots, few of them would be enough.
    I really don't think ZSK has got a problem.
    Can you check if DBA sensor (double sheet detector sensor) is functioning? On the other hand, can you do "Paper Run" with proper paper thickness?

Good luck,

Charly Gamao likes this.
  7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    I saw that voltages are o.k
    But you did NOT mentioned this steps that i did Strong you recommend
    3) Of course, look for : a) diry pins o contacts b) corroded pins c) loose pins d) loose wires
    4) bad solder in the Male Connectors or
    5) Dry +Cold solder joints in the boards see the attachement example.Very Carefully, in electronic this represent most of 55% of failure in electronic board.
    Otherwise, you must replace your EWK, since is working ZSK(MicroP or Cpu) responsible for EWK.

Attached Files:

Charly Gamao likes this.
  8. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

Hi Sr thank you forma the reply

Actually we check the EWK 1& EWK2 forma dry pins and bad junctions, and we did not find any out of place. on may 2 we going to performed a complete inspection on ZMK and the bus cable that links it whit both EWK and I will keep you informed. blessings.

9. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

Hi Sr and thank you for you response.
    Actually we can't run whit paper at first, the press stops for "Double sheet" even if it is proper thick and when we go to faults screen we see an icon like-wrench and once validaten we can run whit paper, press even ink and water except register and ink fountain control. I am attaching a pic of the screen you asked for. on may 2 we going to check the ZMK looking for bad soilder, today and tomorrow the shop gonna be closed. blessings and thanks again for the help.

10. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

11. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Dear Charly,
    This is not the page that I asked for. "MOTOR HILFSANTRIEBE" means auxiliary motors. Try to find SERVO DRIVES. Did you measure +/-15 on NTM?

Charly Gamao likes this.
  12. Charly Gamao

Charly Gamao Member

Hi Sr. Good morning.
    I am going to follow your advices by tomorrow, today the shop will close. I'll keep in touch whit you guys as soon as i get new data.
    I appreciate all your valuable information you share.

Blessings

13. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok sir
    Please interchange the EWK1 vs EWK2 boards, and see what happen?
    if The problem persist, 1) Test the MicroP in ZSK, a) Power supply b) Clock c) Reset the MicroP or CPU from ZSK ,attached how to do it. See in the google according what type of Cpu or MicroP do you have in ZSK, if is INTEL, Motorola,etc and search for Pins Schematics.
    After this test if the problem remain, you must replace the ZSK board electronic.

Attached Files:

Charly Gamao likes this.