Fuser Web motor not engaging during print

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Adam Garnsey, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Garnsey

Adam Garnsey Member

iGen 150 user. So this is very weird, I can go into the component control and I engage the web motor and it is clearly turning, but whenever I run a print job, the web isn't moving at all. I've been monitoring it all week, and it's the same thing every time. I've changed the NVM values to make the motor turn faster but it has absolutely no effect, I also made sure the web cartridge constant speed was correct by measuring the take up but that hasn't changed anything either. I've also changed the web low sensor since that was broken and it still hasn't changed anything. I've done a contact arc all around, I just don't know what else there is to look at, the cables look fine and I can get the motor to engage when I'm in DC0330 component control. Has anyone ran into any similar issues or knows what may be going on?

2. Adam Garnsey

Adam Garnsey Member

Update: After going back into DC0330 and letting the motor run for a bit, I found that it was jumping back after it moved forward, which showed that the motor was bad, I'm having to order a new one. This seems to be a common issue, I took the motor apart that came with my machine originally and found that the gears get stripped easily because they are made of plastic. I understand there are positives and negatives to using plastic vs metal but for a machine such as this, wouldn't it make more sense for the gears to be metal?