Fuser Fluid I vs Fuser Fluid II

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ddigen3, May 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

Up until September 2008, I had been using Fuser Fluid I (008R12936) then we were introduced to the new version, Fuser Fluid II (008R13030). I believe our techs had come in and performed some upgrades and retrofitting inside my iGen as well.

I almost missed the upgrade of the Fuser Fluid, except I noticed the press performing differently. I was suddenly having printing quality issues on stocks I previously hadn't, specifically Mohawk gloss & matte finishes.

When I've inquired with Xerox about possible compatibility conflicts, they expressed that the new Fuser Fluid should improve the quality of the print, not the contrary. I requested going back to type I, but they told me it was no longer available. However, during my last called-in order for more Fuser Fluid, they offered me type I...for the first time in 8 months!! :eek:

I found that interesting, but it left me stumped. :confused: Did they bring type I back?

I'm looking for feedback from your experiences with the change in Fuser Fluid. Have you noticed any difference? Better or worse? If so, please enlighten me.

Thanks. :)

2. RickWalsh

RickWalsh New Member

Fuser Oil I and II

They also switched us to Fuser Oil II about a year ago. We had problems with wafer seals sticking and demanded to switch back to Fuser Oil I.

Although the techs needed to replace the tanks to do so, they did it without hesitation. Problem solved and no problems getting the oil.

3. Duc

Duc Member

Fuser Fluid

I never even heard of Fuser Fluid II until I started at my new place of employment in July. They had some and I was told we cannot use it because laminating will not stick to the paper. And I've been running an iGen for about 5 years now.

4. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

Fuser Muser

Thanks for the reply Duc. That will be extremely helpful information.

Was the lamination problem specific to a certain type or make of paper?

5. Duc

Duc Member

Fuser Fluid I

No it not matter what type of paper. For laminating we mostly used 100# and 80# Gloss Cover or 10pt and 12pt C1S Stock as well. (we do a lot of book covers)

I neglected to mention that there were also problems with UV coating adhering while using Fuser Fluid II, it would bubble up. Also as the other person replied there were problems with wafer seals coming off too.