Full Color Printing with gestetner 313

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by EUNI, Oct 17, 2011.

1. EUNI

EUNI Member

Hi,
    has any of you ever used the gestetner 313 for full color work? Do you get hairline register all the time? Any one knows where I will get an operators manual for this machine?

Thanks

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

come on , don't fool your self...hair line register ? after 4 times in the press ? on a 313 ?
    get a PRESS for that , this is no press for proccess work

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

If you can set up good and I mean really good and print an extra 500 sheets or so you can get it done but its alot of work and lots of press time then you gotta take time to go thru all of your product and make sure your not giving garbage out. you need a two color at least for 4 color process but I've seen it done on a single color just takes time and lots of it so to sum it up its not very cost effective

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i suppose its possible, but not the machine for doing full colour really. abit like doing it on a ab dick???? keep it as a jobbing press and buy a new one suited to the job

5. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Call Meny, he´s just offerring a GTO 52 for 9000 Euros. That´s a machine you can trust for - without all that electronics.

6. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Thank's but NO Thanks

I have had too much with Ghana printres - every time i is a screw-up.
    can't believe them for 10 cent

I had one who came to me from this site and requested to buy some equipment , telling me he had the funds to buy it all.
    I helped him choose , i helped him plan his shop (had to build it) , he told me he had the money to buy.

Then we made a contract and he paid about 15% in cash and the ballance was due in an L/C. press was dismantelled for him and was made ready for shipment.
    I got an L/C draft but then his bank backed off and left him with no money to complete the deal.
    Real big damage , real messssssss

In Ghana it is very hard to make payments to outsiders and the banks are a real pain , every deal ends with a problem as they have no order and do not know the local rulls , nor what they in fact can or can't do...

SO thank's but no thanks - do not wish to sell to Ghana again

Meny