Feeder Timing Issue MOF

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by kd101, Nov 21, 2010.

1. kd101

kd101 New Member

Running an early 1990's 5color w/coater and have a timing issue on the feeder.
    Electronic eyes read advanced sheet error and press stops during run. tried to check and reset with info I have but it is limited. While running electronic eyes on CPC fine setting show Sheet at -10 both sides and it wont change
    Any help or correct manual information is appreciated
    Thank you

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

not sure if an mo has automatic feeder timing but even if it does the timing gears may have failed. i know on the older speedmasters you can still adjust the feeder timing via a flanged connection where the feeder drive shaft comes off of another shaft from the press. Should be on the gear side of the press and be joined together via a slotted flange that can be unlocked and advanced or retarded as needed. On a speedmaster its under a cover that can be opened on the gear side just under the cam foller for the forwarding wheels. good luck with it

3. kd101

kd101 New Member

Thanks I will give it a try,but after talking to a couple people I am thinking the eyes may be out of position
    Would like to get instructions on setting up those correctly

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

adjustment procedure for electronic eyes are different from model to model. Do you have an operators manual for the press. They outline how to adjust eyes in operators manual. if you dont have a manual id strongly suggest getting your hands on one

5. kd101

kd101 New Member

Thanks for your input . I am looking for the correct manual adjustment information