Feeder ls440 & ls440 p

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by swinger, Mar 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. swinger

swinger Member

:confused:I'm having serious problems with my feeder when I am running on uncoated paper from 70 gr/m². Or the feeder takes double papers or he doesn't transfer the papers right to the start of the printing groups.

Is there anyone who has or had the same problems ?

Kind regards,

2. raypollock

raypollock Member

Hi,

Have you recently had the grippers reset, the swing arm grippers are very important to how the sheet is printed?
    Swing arm problems can occur with any stock but light stocks seem worse. Sounds like you may need to have the grippers reset.

3. swinger

swinger Member

feeder

The grippers had had a reset, but now i received special parts (from Komori) to mount on the feeder. It are 3 plates to push the paper flat before transferring it with the transfert suckers.

I will test is tuesday, i hope it give a good result.

Kind regards,

4. bruin24

bruin24 Member

there are pick up suckers for thin paper and for card stock.do u have both sets.i know our komori pics up doubles on thin offset if we have card suckers on.

5. swinger

swinger Member

We have already used serveral suckers and it "sucks". Doubles, triples and not right that what we get.
    Allready done a few modifications but not so good so far.

6. TEH

TEH New Member

Reduce vacuum!Check the arrival time of paper too side lays,and angel of suckers!;)clean side lays sensor !

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

The side lay sensors do not affect the pickup of the paper. Are the suckers picking up more than one sheet or are the infeed grippers taking more than one sheet into the first unit?

8. TEH

TEH New Member

First is like i sed ,reduce vacuum!offset paper has tiny pores ,that can be reason of this issue , the vacuum can pulling through sheet !Other items were mentioned as next Problematic !What is the level of humidity in printing house?

9. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I was just trying to clarify if the problem is with picking up multiple sheets or double sheets getting into the infeed past the double sheet detector. I would agree with your advice if the suckers are picking up multiple sheets. Being an electrical person, I try to turn every problem into an electrical one.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.