export company/40% of your local printing cost

Discussion in 'Internet Outsourcing Options & Experiences' started by Jamesyang, May 22, 2009.

1. Jamesyang

Jamesyang New Member

Printing in China. 50% of your local printing cost. Why not try?
    zyang82@yahoo.com

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Let me think...because it screws up the home market maybe?

When you guys start paying your employees a decent salary, be environmetally responsible and adhere to Health and Safety regulations like the rest of us have to, then you'll find your pricing will come into line with the real world.

And

3. Docucopies

Docucopies Member

You go, Richard.

Nice sentiments, Richard.

Globalization is not going to stop, and in many ways globalization is a good thing. It's ideas like yours, put to policy, that can make it good. If Americans demanded these things from the Chinese manufacturers who make... um... EVERYTHING... there would have already been a lot more social and political change in that country. Tienanmen Square may not have happened.

But the problem is, we don't. Or we're only just starting to. Unfortunately it takes big catastrophes like the melanin in the baby formula to remind Americans how very poorly regulated business is over there. The biggest mistake we Americans commonly make regarding our dissatisfaction with corporations, at home and abroad, is forgetting the basics of economics -- the power of the consumer (supply and demand). If we stop buying Chinese products in protest they will be forced to change the way they do business because we are their biggest buyer.

Unfortunately there's the whole matter of that rather sizable debt we owe them, which kind of mucks up this idea, but the principle is still there and still sound.

4. TONYTOOL

TONYTOOL New Member

Let the Truth be Printed and Read by All Americans

Let's get a petition started and send it to the Greedy Polititians. I don't care how much we owe the Chinese. I am Proud to be AMERICAN. Let's keep the work here. Printers have it tough enough. Our profit margins have been flattened paper thin. We have plenty of competition here from over-capacity and everyone ruining the market by dropping prices low to keep the presses running and people employed. Paper costs are like taxes--they just keep getting higher faster than printers can raise their prices. How many printers really stick together on the price issue like the Insurance companies, doctors and lawyers? Ever notice how their price is about the same? You will not find a lawyer that is half the price of a similar one.:cool:

5. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

HNY to all..

tonytool you aren't on your own my friend, over here in the UK we're in the same leaky boat. Cheap imports, coupled with print buyers always going for the cheapest option is going to kill our home markets. In many respects we printers are our own worst enemies...always dropping prices to 'win' the work.

I'm a printshop owner and have tried, unsuccessfully, to avoid dropping my pants on price but you know what..our business is losing so much work to the cheapsters that I can no longer afford not to do it.

So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for those economies that don't have to shoulder environmental, H&S and personnel wages concerns in the same way that the UK and the US have to.

Oh and the next time you're looking for a bargain, before you drag your credit card or cash into daylight, turn the label over on the product and see where it was made.

China? Eastern Europe? These guys have never heard of minimum wage, H&S and as for environmental credentials...don't make me laugh.

Search your conscience and ask yourself do you really need to 'save' a dollar or two?

Pissin' in the wind I know but at least I'll go down fighting.

Happy 2010, I think :D

6. TONYTOOL

TONYTOOL New Member

Happy New Year to All ! Hello Richard K, I have always--for the past 30 years--looked for the origin of manufacture. I buy products made in USA, UK, Western Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for quality reasons. I don't mind spending an extra buck to get the quality and help employ people in the real world not the slave labor camps in asia.

People wake up! China is a communist country. They do not live for short term profits like most of the capitalistic business world. China has long term goals: one of them is World Domination. While we struggle to make our ends meet today, they are focused on the next 50 years and are working toward that now.:eek:

7. Amelia

Amelia Previous User

I really do think that as consumers we also have a say in this. Let's stop saying that the biggest benefit from outsourcing jobs and services is the fact that we're able to save more, that it's good for the economy. The truth is, it's not. We have more people who are out of jobs and more people who won't be able to buy your products. What's the use of having too many merchandise made in China for half the cost if nobody at home is buying it.