Epson 9880 head blocking

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by swbshogun, Oct 9, 2013.

1. swbshogun

swbshogun New Member

Hi

We have two Epson 9880 44" printers & one of them has a problem in that the head randomly clogs.

The strange thing is that it will be printing fine then about 1cm into a print, one of the colour's partially blocks. Normally running a head check on the printer sorts it out but it's becoming a pain. I have changed the dampers & run a full clean but still happening.

Has anyone had a similar problem & managed to fix it or does anyone have access to the maintenance manual that may shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance

2. SilverB

SilverB New Member

I had a similar problem with the same machine. Be careful with the nozzle check and the full cleaning!! In my case, what appen is that one of my ink tank was empty but the printer saw it full because of some dry ink or debris that block the sensor. So I did several nozzle check and cleaning on a empty tank and result with a pression problem in the pipes. So much pieces was to replace for repare that it was a better idea to buy a new printer...
    Take the time to really take out the catridge of the color that make you some problem and see by yourself if its empty.