Epson 9800 Color Problems no Clogs!?

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Jinsonphoto, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jinsonphoto

Jinsonphoto New Member

So I have a 9800 that is no longer printing consistent. I also have a 4900 and of the two the 9800 never had problems. Never clogs and always works great unlike the temperamental 4900. Anyways after I upgraded my OS (running OSX 10.7.5 now) it seemed that's when I noticed the issues. Now keep in mind I have no clogs. At first I thought it was a profile issue, then the driver, but Ive reinstalled the driver multiple time and tried different profiles and papers. I then realized that I did have some expired ink in it. In fact I have used expired ink time to time. Before I replaced the expired in (Magenta & Light cyan) I was getting very light images that almost looked de-saturated. Now that I have installed fresh inks in the two slots they are no longer de-saturated or light, but the color is still off. Does anyone here have any ideas or thoughts???? I have ran several small prints. My hope is that I just need to purge that old ink out, but I feel like it should be purged by now. And besides that Ive never had issues with running expired ink.

I just really hate to pay a tech to come out. The last time I had someone come fix the 4900 it cost me almost $800!

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!
    Anthony

2. Jinsonphoto

Jinsonphoto New Member

Also I should note that the inks that were expired were pretty old. Light Cyan was 2011 and the Magenta was 2012. I bought them cheap off ebay I think..