Epson 7600 Damper problem?

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Dan K, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dan K

Dan K Member

Recently printing a large B&W print. One third of the way through, the Magenta kicked in excessively. Because it happened mid-print, I suspect a mechanical problem rather than a software/digital problem. I haven't been able to compensate or correct the excessive Magenta through either Photoshop or "Epson Printer manages colors". Thinking it might be a damper problem. ? Any clues or suggestions? Thanks !

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, it if it does not push so much ink that it drips, It is also possible that logic in the printer command the magenta head to push too much ink.
    What happens if you do test print out of printer's control panel? I would imagine that dumper would provide less ink than it should rather than overflow...
    Lets illuminate issues one by one. Do the test from control panel - print whatever, any report, what happens?

3. Dan K

Dan K Member

Thanks for the post & help. From Control Panel, printed Nozzle Check (good) & 24" Head Alignment print. The magenta in each case printed as I would expect them to. Printed a small test strip on the B&W print: result excessive magenta ie. no change from the above problem). ???

4. Dan K

Dan K Member

PS: I dug out my loupe and took a closer look at the Head Alignment print out. The Yellow ink / nozzle has problems. It's an old and low cartridge, so first step is to replace it. As you suggested: take issues one by one... Again, thanks.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Would be really helpful if you could scan and post what "too much" magenta looks like on the paper in your case

6. Dan K

Dan K Member

I can easily produce an accurate image of the telltale print. I'm not seeing a way to add attachments or insert an image. e-mail?

7. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

To include an image, if using the quick reply, click on the "insert image" icon above the quick reply box to add an image
    upload image.jpg

or, click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

8. Dan K

Dan K Member

See attached. Hope this helps. (border can be selected for a true white). Thanks !!!

Attached Files:

9. Dan K

Dan K Member

Closing the loop: New Yellow ink cartridge: head clean: nozzle check: calibration print. Back in the saddle. Big thanks to UnlimitedBT for the pivotal advice "print something from the printer control panel. Take one issue at a time."

Gratitude to the forum...

10. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Always glad to help. Good luck.