Envelope Production Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by stoneycreekgraphics, Jan 9, 2014.

1. stoneycreekgraphics

stoneycreekgraphics New Member

Hi All, I'm looking to purchase a envelope laser printer for production. I know about the Xante & the PSI. Which of these is considered the better of the two. And is there other makes that I should be considering.
    This will be designated for envelope production only. I have another production colour printer for my other colour products.
    I expect that most orders will remain one or two colour. Thanks for any help or advice you can send my way. Steve Price

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, as far as Xante & PSI - they utilize an OKI chassis tweaking them to run thicker media while that may be a benefit to some, there is no advantage in printing envelopes VS OEM maker of that engine - OKI. You will pay more for the printer and pay more for supplies for the life of it so if you decided in favor of this engine, I would like to advice you to go with OKI. Not because I am a OKI dealer and have number of them for sale but because I makes most sense, at least in my head. As far as B/W envelopes, I know a shop that has number of HP LaserJet 4250 with envelope feeders and owner says that he is happy with a set-up. One person can operate 2-3 of them at once, Printers cost next to nothing as well as envelope feeders and cartridges. I am just not a fan of printing b/w stuff on color units - seems like a waist plus no matter how you slice it, production cost is higher.

3. stoneycreekgraphics

stoneycreekgraphics New Member

thanks

Thanks Unlimited I will check those suggestions out. Believe it or not I have a 4350 sitting 10' from me. I didn't know there were envelope feeders available for it.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

It goes right in to by-pass tray, capacity - about 50 or so envelopes, I imagine one person can manage loading 3 printers so productivity should be ok