Document (PDF) looks fine on screen but prints spaces between words

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by carmichaelt, Oct 1, 2013.

1. carmichaelt

carmichaelt New Member

I have been having an issue with PDF documents and the way they print. Some of the PDF documents that I have tried printing on my Lanier 901c (with Fiery Command WorkStation 5) and my Canon 5255 look fine on screen but when I print them using either printer, the documents come out with letters within words spaced funny (such as it will put the first letter of one word at the end of the previous word). I also have problems with it printing boxes instead of certain letters/numbers. The letter/number will be consistant through out the document on one print run but change to a different letter/number the next run. I am pulling out my hair because I am new to both of these machines. Could this be an issue with Adobe/Postscript conflict? Or possibly an update issue? The documents have printed on other machines just fine. Both of these machines are networked. If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I would be forever greatful!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: