DOCU250 wont connect, IP address may be invalid?

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by RustyWood, Feb 11, 2015.

1. RustyWood

RustyWood Member

Hi, for some reason I cannot connect to my Docu250 anymore.
    Nothing has changed in our setup, just today it suddenly wont connect.
    We have tried restarting the computers and printer, changed the ethernet cables, tried plugging straight into the computer rather than via the network as usual.
    When I use Network Utility to ping the IP address I either get a "time out" or "host is down" error. I checked the IP address earlier on the Docu and it was correct.
    On starting up CWS 5.3.1.32d I get an error
    "Unable to connect to (DC_250). The server name or IP address may be invalid."
    On the error history report I'm getting 027-741 "Job Template Server Connection Fail"
    Docucolor 250 built in Fiery on mac 10.9.5
    Any ideas? Thanks

2. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

You need to reinstall the Fiery firmware. PM me if you dont have it.

3. RustyWood

RustyWood Member

Thanks, I have firmware version . ESS: 1.231.16 installed at the moment.

4. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

You need the firmware for the Fiery. Not the printer.

5. krakus

krakus New Member

Hi!

I have the same problem but with Bizhub c500 and Fiery s300, do You have any installation files for this Fiery?

6. greenwoodprinting

greenwoodprinting New Member

@InterfaceP I am also having the exact same issues. Can you possibly send me the most current firmware ASAP?

7. alig31

alig31 New Member

Hi InterfaceP, I don't know how to pm you on here, but I am looking for the fiery fimware. What details do you need regarding the machine please.

Kind Regards
    AliG31

8. Printigree

Printigree Member

How do I PM you? I'm a new forum member (and desperate).

9. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

Send me mail at stoadis@gmail.com with picture of Fiery's white label with 3 serial numbers printed on it and situated on top of the Fiery cage.

10. Printigree

Printigree Member

InterfaceP, any chance you still have the system software for standalone Fiery? EXP260?

(Thanks for looking adriansto)

Attached Files:

11. Printigree

Printigree Member

Ok everyone, I'm still struggling with this issue. My Xerox DocuColor 242 is [sadly] the workhorse of my print shop. We opened about 3 weeks ago and our reputation is going downhill quick since 80% of our customers are coming in for color copies/prints and we can't help them.

I've called a local Xerox tech company and they've given me a run-around (complicated backstory there) but should be sending someone out. Problem is that we're fairly remote and it's supposed to snow for the next 30 hours.

I've been in that damn Fiery (an EXP260) at least 2 dozen times trying to suss out the problem. My IT guy is in New Zealand and he's been remoting into the machine as well. Here's what we've learned...
    I also tried to reinstall the Fiery software that was on the C: drive but that didn't work. This other forum thread led me down that path... https://www.colorprintingforum.com/threads/exclamation-marks-in-menus.13665/#post-48979

12. Gourou

Gourou New Member

Hi,
    I am using xerox Docucolor 240. Since last week after restarting the machine and PC, the fiery CWS says "servername or ip address may be invalid". The network port in the printer fiery
    server (both net and scan) blink yellow or orange. In the touch screen of the printer, webapplication
    option is missing.
    Is there a suggestion to correct.
    Thank you
    Gourou