Delivery table problem HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Jedo, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jedo

Jedo Member

I have a 34di and im having a problem with my delivery table, it is able to move up but when i go to bring it down it doesnt move unless i t ake hte chains off the gear and lower it. I have tried cleaning the 2 sensors at the top but it is still the same. I am out off ideas of what else to do. Anyone else got idea?

2. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

Is your delivery push button controlled or hand crank?

3. Jedo

Jedo Member

Its controlled ??

4. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

Is it possible that the chain is heavily corroded with powder and does not want to flex easily? If so, give the chain a good cleaning with a brass or nylon brush and oil it up.

5. Jedo

Jedo Member

Emm im not sure i dont think it would be heavily corroded plus would that not stop it from going up aswell? the table moves up and when i try to bring it down the gear doesnt move at all and not even attempting to move if that make sense?

6. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

These machines are very well known to have an issue with the set screws. They tend to loosen after time and I have had to repeatedly tighten set screws. In fact, just today I had to re-tighten the set screws on my hand crank for the feed. My press only has hand cranks for both feed and delivery. That particular gear for the feed had two set screws and they were both loose. The shaft has two flat edges for the set screws to position to.

7. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

I think I will be applying some loctite on the set screws so they stay in place.

8. Jedo

Jedo Member

Ill look for screws that might b loose tomorrow, but i dont know if it could be that as mine is motorised or would that still stop the delivery table coming down? i thought it was mayb the sensor ?

9. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

I don't have my manuals in front of me, but I do recall from my Heidelberg DI I use to have. It has a limit switch at the top area of the chain gear and flips up when the table gets to the top. If it is stuck upward, it will never lower as you print. I don't know if the Ryobi DI is set up the same way or not...

10. Jedo

Jedo Member

Yeah i noticed there was like a trip switch thing at the top ill have a proper look at that tomorrow. Thanx for your help

11. jan

jan Senior Member

delivery. lower limit switch

I'm not so fit on K46, but this limit switch is very easy accessible (s.attachment) and you can check it without problems.

Attached Files:

12. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

Correct, so if the bottom limit switch is stuck down, the system thinks the tray is already at its lowest point and will not lower.

13. Jedo

Jedo Member

Thanx that is exactly what it was . press was down for few days lol