delete our own threads / comments

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Suggestions' started by plotter, Nov 5, 2009.

1. plotter

plotter Senior Member

if i started a thread and no one else has replied would it be possible / feasable to delete it myself. for instance
    in dye sub printers i asked for a mug press, but as i now have one and no one has commented on that thread, it can be removed..I would delete it myself if i knew how..:confused:

2. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

Currently the forum is set so that you can't delete a "thread" -- there isn't the distinction currently whether or not it has received replies, and if there were, they wouldn't make sense if the original question / post were deleted. (there's also a 7-day time limit on editing/deleting to allow changes needed at the time of the conversation but to then make the thread an archive so if others refer to it later it remains stable and the flow of thought remains the same.) This isn't the best in every single case, but overall I believe it's the best compromise with the available backend we have at this moment.

Even though the forum failed you in this case, If you're feeling really generous, post what you got and how you like it after a bit.It all evens out and hopefully the advice you give today will come back to you tomorrow, or something like that...

3. plotter

plotter Senior Member

the forum hasnt failed me, on the contrary, its one of if not the the best forum around, it was just a inquiry..:D