DC240 under Win7Pro: Can't Get to Preference Menus

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by homeboy, Aug 27, 2011.

1. homeboy

homeboy Member

We have a DC240 with Fiery EXP250 connected to several computers running Windows XP. All is well. Now we have a new computer running Win7Pro. Downloaded Win7 x64 from Xerox website, but Win couldn't find any drivers. Called Xerox and tech said to use Vista x64 driver. Driver installed but when I click on set-up and then preferences (while printing from an application), I get what looks like a Windows menu with only two tabs (layout, paper/quality). When I do this on the XP computers, I get what looks like a Xerox menu with 6 tabs (layout, paper/quality, fiery, consumables, postscript, about). I called Xerox and they said to use the XP x64 driver. Did that but I still get the 2 tab menu set rather than the 6. Did I not install something correctly? Is this a consequence of running Win7Pro?

2. jimzenglish

jimzenglish Member

Sounds like the 64bit drivers for that model are only mini drivers, so only have basic options. What are the size of the driver downloads for the 64 bit version? If it's only in the 300k area they're just mini drivers.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Is there a ppd file available for your RIP which you can point your dtp application to use? (You may find a ppd listed as a pagemaker ppd or in the apple driver downloads and it allows the application to set all rip/printer attributes through an application dialogue box instead)