Cyan ink misting and Ductor trouble.

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by KGM, Feb 6, 2012.

1. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Hi everyone, having two small problems at the moment, hope you can help.
    Machine: Komori Lithrone 26 4 colour, 1984.

1. sometimes i shut off the air to the machine when idling or when im not printing. the compresser is old and i dont want it running too much when not needed. for some reason the ductor roller on the cyan unit, without air will function and ink up the rollers in the off position, when i put the air back on it stops. thinking maybe its a solenoid valve??? i know the solution is to keep the air pressure to the press at all times but i dont want to overload the compressor.

2. this problem has been going on for a while, there seems to be cyan ink in the air and it covers everything. if i leave a sheet of white paper on a surface in 24 hours it will be covered in microscopic dots of cyan ink. only visible under an eyeglass.
    every surface is covered in it and is very noticable when cleaned with a degreaser.
    it seems as if the ink is misting and putting ink particles in the air. not much evidence of the other 3 colours. any ideas???

thank you

KGM

2. spike

spike Senior Member

try a heavier tac ink may also be soloution related

3. Kaoticor

Kaoticor Senior Member

I havn't experienced this problem and can only tell you what you might already know:

Since your ductor seems to be picking up ink when the air is off, I would start there. Maybe check those adjustments / swings. Who knows, it might end up having an effect on the misting as well if there is some significant problem there.