Cp 2000 machine faullt (''Malfunction in the drive fail-safe board '')

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by wunmi-50, Oct 10, 2014.

1. wunmi-50

wunmi-50 Senior Member

Dear All,
    I am getting the error message ''Malfunction in the drive fail-safe board '' on this SM74 with CP2000 with the machine's negative behaviour of the impression,damper,ductor pneumatic valves going on and off without activting them when the machine runs without productioon..We cant seem to figure out which is the drive fail-safe seen this smptonnsbefore or can assist to propshed some light on this or propose liely solutons ? Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks,
    wunmi-s0

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Once I had this experience at a customer. Turn OFF Antistatic eliminator and see the result.

Good luck

3. wunmi-50

wunmi-50 Senior Member

Hi Mathew,
    Let me first acknowedge your positive contributions to the forum generally,more grease to your elbow.Regarding this post,i greatly appreciate your input.I wll do this and give a feedback. Thanks,
    wunmi-50

4. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Dear wunmi-50,

Can you please provide me the error codes (init and dynamic) when this problem occurs? I might be able to provide you a diagnosis based on the hex error codes.

Thanks

5. wunmi-50

wunmi-50 Senior Member

Dear All,
    Fault has now been been cleared to a large extent and its caused by defective LTK500-2 boards.Machine can now run without pneumatic problems.
    Dear Matthew, thanks for your weird suggestion which was an Eye-opener and helped propel us towards finding the solution.
    Dear Waqas, there is no init and dyn errors displayed as screen is clean now.
    Thank guys for your responses and I know I can still count on you in the nearest future as the mean nature of problems on these machines will demand such attention.
    wunmi-50