Concrete Foundation

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Marcelokaidi, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Marcelokaidi

Marcelokaidi Member

I am installing a Miller Tp 38 4 color, wt is 51,000 lbs, 27' x 10' x 6'11". My concrete floor is 9.25", high quality, with metal rods. The land below is solid 30 Ton/Sq Meter. Do I need a concrete foundation? If so, what is typical depth?

2. rolandman

rolandman Senior Member

have you already bought this press? a friend of mine has a similar press for sale if you havnt already commited to the miller

3. RonnyW

RonnyW Member

4. Miehleman

Miehleman Member

2 feet deep should be enough for your press as long as is reinforced with bars.Also you must take consideration of the area where press will be installed,if they have earthquakes or not,if not then 2 feet is more then enough

5. JWhite

JWhite New Member

A reinforced 9" thick concrete slab will support a large load, especially if the load is distributed over the slab. The thickness of the slab for printing presses (or possibly print machines) is sometimes driven by the manufacturer's slab attachment requirements. You may want to consult a structural engineer.

StructuralPedia Foundations

6. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

We provide project management as part of our services and similar presses have been installed on 12" thick reinforced slabs with no problems. You should have soil samples taken by a survey company to make sure of the integrity of the substrate.
    www.controlgraphicsusa.com
    Good luck