changing ink companys

Discussion in 'Ink' started by MattVarnish, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MattVarnish

MattVarnish New Member

My company is changing to Ink Systems ink i havent heard a good word about them. I am a pressman on a 7 color Mits. can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

2. spike

spike Senior Member

hey matt ; first dont rush its not your fault some bean counter thinks he might save some money.wrongggggg?
    this cheaper ink if thats what it is could cause numerous problems .dry time /picking/trap problems/scufiing in bindery
    the whole nine yards /is it compatable with your fountain soloution? take your time run small lifts to begin with constantly check for offset and picking it never ceases to amase me how these suits think that by going cheaper actualy
    saves them anything.in 30 years of doing this ihave never seen it work that way quite the opposite.those who choose
    to go cheaper on ink /paper /and good workers dont last that long it always shows up in the final product and customers will know the diffrence

3. MattVarnish

MattVarnish New Member

We havent made the change yet so im not sure if it is compatiable with our fountain soloution. I was really looking to find someome out there that has had first hand experience with this ink company (ink systems) both of our inplant people have worked for this company in the past. They are not bitter however neither one of them say it is any good from past experience with the press people they worked with. Im not even so sure it is cheaper I have heard it costs more.My company has alwasy been good as far as that goes money i mean, and this is what i cant firure out.The reason the owner gave is that the people we use now
    ( superior) do not have the technology to move in the direction he wants to move in.

4. spike

spike Senior Member

well good luck i know supreior has been around for a hundred years and have alway s produced a quality product
    and good service you should call the lab techs at this new company and ask a bunch of questions it cant hurt .

5. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

What direction is your boss looking towards far as the new ink company goes that Superior isn't doing? I find a ink that works well and stick with it. While Superior isn't #1 on my list the ink runs well for the most part. Did they ever get rid of that base mix system you had to do for grey inks? That was a pain in the ***. Their mixing system was over complicated when we used it back in the 80's. Hopefully they changed.

6. press1

press1 Previous User

Thanks for sharing the great discussion with the help of this discussion.

7. officeinks

officeinks Previous User

Really good discussion it is, thanks for participation.