CD74 5 L-C 2005 No extended Delivery

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by anthonywheeldon, Dec 3, 2013.

1. anthonywheeldon

anthonywheeldon Member

Recently purchase press that is under going instalation in Asia. My operations director has expressed concerns about curing on the standard delivery. I print tested this on 300gsm Trucard with no issues. The machine has spent it's working life producing boxes for perfume companies and shown no problems. I would appreciate other opinions please?

2. PressmoversUKEngineer

PressmoversUKEngineer Member

Has it got IR dryer fitted?? or maybe even UV??

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Think it's a fairly safe bet that the machine will have some sort of drier seeing as it has a coater.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the sheet not being dry if it is UV.
    Obviously if it has a IR/hot air drier and you are coating a sheet it will be dry, if not coating then the ink on the sheet will be wet but will dry a little quicker than not using a dryer & you may be able to reduce the powder usage too.

4. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

I agree with mrheidelberg , I am running a 5+coater without using dryer on most jobs and have no issues.

5. anthonywheeldon

anthonywheeldon Member

Thanks guys the machine is running conventional ink. The question was raised by the ops director. This is a machine i have ran but just wanted a little support. Really not such of his background but it seems he's not a printer.