cd 74 coating metering roller bounce

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jmt, Nov 5, 2009.

1. jmt

jmt Senior Member

running a cd 74 2004 cp 2000 with a camber blade and metering roller coater.the ds of the coating roller is bounceing during the run .we have checked the bearing and it is fine.we change the excentric lock and it help for about 2 days and its back again and we are alrdy seeing wear on the new lock.the only other thing i can see is that the whole journal has become wore and needs replaced .Im just wondering if anyone else has a idea. its a rather expensive part.

2. jmt

jmt Senior Member

and also if anybody would know how this would happen.i could understand equal wear on ds and os but just one side to go bad .I am new to this press and been put in lead press role.could a build up of coating cause this problem on one side and not the other. this press has not been taking care now im in charge of getting it cleaned up.

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

I have seen this happen before and your original assumption is correct. You will need to change the jounal. This can happen because many guys put too much pressure between the metering roller and blanket cylinder. When this happens those journals take a beating from the gap in the blanket cylinder. Make sure you only use enough pressure to get good coverage on the blanket. It very possible you will need to replace the operator side too.

4. jmt

jmt Senior Member

ty for the info .That looks like that is the prob becasue i just found out they have been running it at full pressure for awhile now because someone but a ding in the metering roller and they put it to full pressure to hide it.another question. any way to repair a small ding in the metering roller. I dont think you can but thought i would ask.

5. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Metering roller can be repaired as long as the roller isnt bent. Anilux rollers needs to be replaced once they are dinged.