Canon CLC 3200 Drum refurbish kit

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Gary, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary New Member

Hi I'm new to this forum but have recently had problems with my 3200, I believe the problem to be the drum units, the symptoms are as follows streaky print, a slight mis-register and Magenta ink (and sometimes other colours) trailing all down the operator side of the sheet ( A little bit like scumming up on an old litho press).
    I have found someone who sells a drum repair kit which i think is basically a new roller and reset chip do you think this would solve my problems? I am also having trouble locating the CLR-SHFT in the service menu I read that was a way of slowing it down so it gives it time to clean before taking the next sheet any help on this would be very gratefully received.
    Gary

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I don't have an answer for you as our 3200s have been under service contract since new.

If you go into service mode
    (hit* , then 2+8 together for 5 seconds, then and * again)
    look at the drum yeilds under copier, misc to get an idea of how many miles are on the drums and the developer in them.

What does the repair kit cost compared to a new drum?

3. Gary

Gary New Member

Hi Jeff they are all at about %190% I've given the machine a good clean and taken the rollers out of the drum housing and cleaned them it's running ok now but only on A4 anything else is dirty on the edges. The repair kit is £250 for all four drums.

4. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

don't waste your money on drum rebuild kits...shop around for wholesale canon drums & toner...I have a wholesale account with a distributor of OEM and I pay about half what most dealers charge...print for pay qualifies you for a wholesale account from what I have found out...

5. Richard Charnock

Richard Charnock New Member

Who do you buy your drums and toner from? We are a print for pay shop and are looking for wholesale pricing on copier parts and supplies. Also, do you have any knowledge of canon IRC3200 copiers. We have been having some quality issues and could use some suggestions on what to try to correct the problems. Thank you, Richard

6. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

I buy all my drums and toner from Arlington...if I need parts I try to use Precision Roller, unless I get a better price through a local Canon dealer...service is an issue...a major one at that....while I have learned the in's and out's of my machine finding a reputable factory trained technician qualified to service my model machines has been very unsuccessful. I had an independent Canon trained tech that was GOOD AS GOLD but he is 2+ hours away and won't come because it is too far...All the local Canon dealers either won't come to me from the Atlanta or Macon areas or either they don't have a tech trained on the 3200/3220. I called Canon corporate to resolve it and was called back saying they would have a tech call me who would come out but that was many weeks ago and I haven't heard from anyone since...I have since decided to go with Konica Minolta, but for the time being I am going to keep running my Canon's and service what I can...I guess I will make the switch to Konica when the Canon's die....